Many of us experienced codependency in childhood. It’s super common and happens for many reasons. Symptoms of codependency include:
- The parent’s emotional state becomes the child’s. And visa versa.
- The child often becomes the support person for the parent.
- The child’s environment is strictly controlled so that outsiders are kept out.
- Religion is often used to maintain this control.
- Oftentimes the child doesn’t have a sense of who they are because they’ve not been allowed the room to explore outside of the family unit.
I want to take a second and recognize the harm that living in a codependent home causes. It affects many, including myself, even into adulthood. But I’d also like to recognize the anger I’ve carried and release it. It is my responsibility to not pass those enmeshment patterns onto my son.
This is what this Meditation is for.
Being a mother is hard. Rewarding, magical and beautiful…..yes, but also hard. It is even harder for those who grew up in codependent homes. Tantrums are particularly triggering. The desire to control is strong. And the pull to lose oneself in another is a daily temptation.
In this Meditation we will work on all of this. We start with a brief pep talk, move on to affirmations and a guided visualization and end with a wonderful Mantra.
It is so beautiful.
Please join me in restoring You. You are important. You matter. Put on your oxygen mask before helping anyone else.
Sending you so much love and peace.