The purpose of this meditation is to show respect and value for your womb.
When women experience infertility, they often struggle with resentment and hate towards this area of the body. There is a feeling of failure as a woman since the body seems incapable of fulfilling this very basic function.
Many women become disconnected and ambivalent toward the belly.
And some women going through infertility treatment will notice that their belly begins to carry extra weight. There is a direct correlation between the feelings of disconnect and the added weight in the midsection.
Yes, a big part of that has to do with the hormones, stress and reduced exercise due to fertility treatment. But ultimately, that pouch in your belly won’t go away until the feelings of resentment are released from the mind which then releases the fat from the belly.
So what we’re going to do is really look at and feel our body. Feel it in the tactical sense and in the emotional sense. Only then can we emotionally integrate the womb back into the rest of our body.
Our womb is powerful and strong. It has a life force all its own regardless of procreation.
So let’s begin!
Lay down on your back
Place your hands in a downward facing triangle on your womb
Shoulders and legs relaxed
- 1st begin by gently massaging your belly with your fingertips. Bring all of your awareness, energy, and care to this movement.
- This is a very intentional movement. It is not too rough and not too soft. We want to bring a loving energy in order to break up any stagnation.
- Now instead of massaging, open your hand and rub this same area with a flat palm. This is much more gentle.
- You can repeat an intention, or mantra after me if you wish. Or simply listen. We will be chanting om shanti shanti shanti 3x’s which means you are welcoming peace into your life. So repeat after me Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.
- Now take a very deep inhale and full exhale during this. 3 x’s
- Return your hands to the downward triangle over your womb.
- Simply focus on your breathing.
- Feel the breath move your belly up and then down. Up and down.
We will now speak a loving meditation to the womb. It might feel a little awkward at 1st, but just feel free try it out. Give yourself the opportunity to try something new and loving in the name of self-care!
You have been through so much, dear womb. So much pain and heartache. There are no words sufficient enough to express how devastating this has been. But you’re still here. And your worth has never changed. It has never wavered even for a second. Please know that your value does not lie solely in procreation. You are not any ‘less’ because of what you have gone through or because of a current limitation. You have value simply by EXISTING. Just as you are
You serve an important purpose for my entire body. You are in an integral part to my existence. Always remember how powerful you are.
You’re loved and respected. You are worthy of my attention and kindness. You do so much for me. I honor you for all that you DO do.
I give you freedom and permission to relax. To give up the fight, for just a moment. Nothing is required of you right now. There is no pressure to perform here.
With each inhale, I allow acceptance to flow in. I breathe in new life, new energy into all the dark and scared places inside. I will not ignore you anymore. I devote myself to being patient and compassionate with you. I promise that we will move forward together, as a unified front from now on.
Because I AM whole. I am a complete woman. I am soft yet fierce, gentle yet indestructible. I am a formidable force.
I will be ok. Actually, I am ok. I will always be ok. I move forward with dignity. I acknowledge my great power as a woman. And my divine female energy.
I breathe peace into my womb. I breath love and healing into my womanhood, into all that I am.
My value is intact. Simply by being ME. I honor and respect MYSELF for how strong I have been. I have proven time and time again that the lotus truly emerges from the mud.
- Now slowly and purposefully bring your hands from your belly to slide down your thighs (Really FEEL yourself. Feel all of YOU. You are here to STAY) bring the hands back over your belly, up over your breasts, to your chest…heart, feel your cheeks and forehead (notice any and all sensation). Now travel slowly and gently all the way back to rest on your belly.
Continue to take as much time as you need to lay your palms on your belly. Just that action ITSELF breathes life into an area that has been ignored.
For a long time, I refused to touch my belly or let anyone else touch it. I felt too ashamed. It literally felt like all of my emotions were housed in that one spot and any attention given to it would burst a dam of emotions wide open.
But by doing this, you’re standing up for who you are. You are declaring your worth. You are announcing to YOURSELF the paramount importance of your womb DESPITE its current limitations. It deserves attention. And touch. All the different types of touch.
You my love have spoken a very powerful message to your body. You have sent the energy of healing and acceptance to ALL parts of yourself. This spoken word communicates to your body that it can now integrate the shunned and rejected parts of yourself back into wholeness.
I send you all my love and support. ♥
Leave a Reply